Mississippi Barbell Events: 2017
Mississippi Barbell Hosted USAW Meets
We will be hosting three (3) olympic weightlifting meets this year. While we do not have registration up for the events at this time, we did want the community made aware of them in an effort for those interested to start their competition prep cycles and to plan accordingly.
Please note ages 6 and up are welcome to compete at any USAW meet listed below. However they MUST have experience with the lifts before entering. If your child needs help with the lifts, please email us and we can start working with them in our Youth Classes ASAP.
4th Annual Mississippi State Weightlifting Championship, Saturday, June 3rd
Anyone with a USAW membership can sign up for this event regardless of state residency and affiliation. It will be held in Jackson, MS; venue TBD. We will continue to include the High School Power Clean division. A functional fitness division will not be included. However, singlets are NOT required for this event. Registration fees will include medals and shirts (if registered by a TBD date).
2nd Annual GPX Open, TBD (late September or October in Gulfport)
Anyone can register for this event at Gulfport Crossfit regardless of affiliation or state residency. USAW division will require a membership but the functional fitness division will not. Singlets are not required. Registration fees will include medal and shirts (if registered by a TBD date).
Other Mississippi Barbell Hosted Events
- April 1-2, 2017
- Location: Brandon, MS (Mississippi Barbell facility)
USAW Advanced Sports Performance Course
- Date TBD but will occur after the State meet June 4th
- Location: TBD but likely our facility in Brandon OR at a local university in the Jackson metro area unless otherwise noted
Exact dates will be released as we have them. If you'd like to be instructed by a specific instructor please list his or her name in the comments. We cannot guarantee he/she will be available but we will do our best to listen to your choices.
Middle School, High School, University, and Gym Clinics
- Local clinics and clinics across the state are being set up
- Stay tuned to our facebook and Instagram pages to be informed of clinics
- Note: many clinics will be closed to only those coaches or athletes of a particular facility. If you wish for your facility to have a clinic then please reach out ASAP to reserve your date. Our calendar is filling up quickly.